Thread: Firestorm 1911

Firestorm 1911

Hello I just purchased a Firestorm 1911 from a dealer in NC for $269.00 shipped. I stopped by the shop on the way home from the beach and saw this gun and had to have it. I did not have a permit with me so I had to purchase it and have it sent to my local FFL. It will arrive in the next day or two one of the first things I need to replace are the grips they have some kinda glitter in them and look horrible. My question is this will any standard 1911 grip fit this gun my research says something does not line up and also I need another magazine. There is a gun show this weekend and want to get grips and another magazine any recommendations would be helpful as far as what to avoid as far as magazines and about grips.

The gun will need some TLC but in the end it will be great for the price. I did notice that the slide stop had been either replaced or coated green. I may have the gun duracoated any feedback on that would be helpful too.

Founding Member (First 100) 1911nut's Avatar

Re: Firestorm 1911

First off welcome to the family.
    Any full size grips will work. If it still has an extended slide stop you'll have to sand down the top of the left side grip to make it work. I put VZs on mine and they fit perfectly.
    As far as magazines go, I like the Checkmate ones, but any of them should work. Whatever brand you just have to try them and make sure they work in your gun.
    Hope this helps.
    "A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who at one point in his life,wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." __ Unknown

Metro Arms American Classic II

Founding Member (First 100) bcrtops's Avatar

If a FireStorm 1911 made in Phillipines, it is pretty much mil-spec and grips will fit. These are the same as the American Classics, just a different roll mark.

If an old FireStorm 1911ish pistol made by Llama -- good luck -- they weren't mil-spec & stock grips probably won't fit.

How will I be able to tell if it is a Llama. My guess it that it will be made in Spain.

Correct. It will say made in Spain.

I do remember it saying made in Spain on it. Guess I will be hunting hard for Llama grips at the show. Does this also indicate the standard 1911 magazines will not work either.

1911 mags should work as I remember my 1911 mags worked in a Llama but the llama mag wouldn't work in a Colt I had. Hate to say it but I think 269 since it is a Llama orgin is bit high. Good thing is many 1911 parts that will work on the Llama /Firestorm . Llama of course has been closed for several years . Their will be no warrenty support. I am hoping this is the Fullsize 5inch barrel They were the most relieable of the line up.
    "You call 911, I will call on 1911"

"Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good 1911 at your side, kid."

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?